Today, Monday April 9th, is my 35th birthday…and even though I am generally trying to keep this blog focused on homeschooling, I’m giving myself a little more liberty to talk about something else on my birthday, even if it only minimally relates to homeschooling. 🙂
I feel so thankful today for the ways God has blessed me, and here’s some of how I am celebrating:
1. Spending the day with my family, including my wonderful husband, who took the day off from work in honor of my birthday! I love that homeschooling makes it easy for us to spend the whole day together. We might still work on Madeline’s expert day project a bit (so that the rest of the week isn’t too stressful).
3. A completely quiet and relaxing bath at 10am. Almost completely uninterrupted!
4. Playing board games. I love to play board games and I’ve found it hard to make time for playing “grown up games.” We played a game with some friends yesterday afternoon…and maybe we’ll try and play some more grown-up games today (and even try to teach one to the older kids?)
5. Buying myself Amazon Prime. I always get a bit of birthday money to spend from my family, and this will be the third year of treating myself to this little luxury in life. I love free two day shipping!
6. A date with my husband this past Saturday. We even left baby J with our babysitters while we enjoyed a fancy dinner out! This was the first time we had left him with sitters for a date.
7. Making something I love for lunch. I’m excited to make some “fancy” homemade mac and cheese (with three kinds of cheese, mushrooms, spinach and mock crab).
8. Bike ride around Lake Nokomis. By myself!
9. Stopping for my free birthday coffee and reading for a bit while out on said bike ride.
10. Family outing for dinner. I am thinking maybe a Chinese buffet. Or maybe fancy pizza. But I reserve the right to change my mind before dinner time…it is my birthday after all!
Here’s to all the ways God has blessed us so far, and all the blessings in the years to come!
I’ll be linking up to top ten Tuesday tomorrow…even though it is Monday today as I write this. 🙂 I’m giving myself a birthday privilege to do that. 😉