I’ve had a little “side job” for over a decade helping edit a small devotional publication. My deadline is quarterly, which is a great situation because I can re-arrange my life for a couple weeks before the deadline to fit work in as necessary, and then I can ignore it for a couple months!
I should have learned by now, after 18 months or so of regularly writing this blog, that I can almost never accomplish writing blog posts and editing at the same time. Note to self: Write some articles ahead next time or just plan to take a break…instead of thinking “oh, I’ll get to that” and just not posting. 🙂
This past two weeks has been even crazier than usual. I may not be trying to get schoolwork done with the kids but…
We’ve also been doing:
- Daily tennis class for the older two kids at the neighborhood park
- Swimming lessons 8 days out of the past two weeks, plus random trips to the pool where we have a pass as well. I like to get swimming lessons out of the way at an indoor pool before summer really starts…but the program we like was full for one of the levels the kids needed, so that bumped us into summer lessons at an outdoor pool.
- Miss M still has her guitar lesson…and the boys are thrilled to play at the park during lesson (and everyone plays all together for a bit afterwords).
- We had a HUGE storm that knocked out our power for only about 15 hours (some people were out for days). Thousands of trees fell all over the city (luckily, none of them were in our yard!).
- We fit in a quick trip last weekend to the Minnesota Children’s Museum
- I told the kids, “No monarch caterpillars right now. We’re too busy” We usually raise at least one every year. Then my mom brought some milkweed for us to replant in the yard (for future caterpillars). It was in water in a jar, and I promptly set it in the corner and forgot about it. Lo and behold, a couple weeks later…there were three healthy caterpillars munching on the milkweed. So, we went ahead and brought them in the house and put them in our caterpillar boxes. 🙂
- Oh, and on top of all this…I had a garage sale with my mom and a neighbor that lasted three days over two weekends. Crazy!!! It was supposed to be last month, but we had to postpone it due to rainy, cold weather. At least it was a successful sale and I am pleased with how much stuff I got rid of and how much money I made.
Needless to say, not a lot of organized “summer school” activities took place…though we have been doing a lot of reading aloud to relax from all this craziness.
Here’s to a (maybe) relaxing weekend, and hopefully finishing my editing before the 4th of July holiday.
I’m linking up with Collage Friday and The Weekly Wrap-Up.