Not only was it the first week of summer break for the kids…I ended up taking an unplanned blogging break too. I had plenty of ideas to blog about…but I just ended up being too busy with other things:
1. Swimming at an indoor pool (we received two one-day family passes almost two years ago to a pool not especially close to home, and we finally got around to using one of them).
2. Last weekend Tony built the kids a giant sandbox, and got it filled with sand on Tuesday afternoon.
3. Miss M celebrated her 9th birthday on Tuesday with an “old fashioned”-themed birthday party that evening.
4. – 6. Miss M’s wish for the day of her birthday was to visit the MN History Center — everyone had a blast. We saw two newer exhibits — one aimed at kids about MN history in general, and one about Minnesota’s role in the Civil War.
7. Miss M and I made cake pops for a end-of-year co-op picnic on Thursday. They were just as hard to make as I always feared they might be. 😉 Luckily they tasted good and were snatched up in a few short minutes at the picnic.
8. – 9. Enjoying a long weekend hanging out at Grandma’s house with swings, monopoly and lots of room to run and play.
Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!